With Facebook moving page to their Timeline Format, be aware of the following specifications and restrictions on the graphics used for the Cover Graphic:
Cover photo images must be at least 399 pixels, and can be any size larger than that, but only 850px by 315px will be included in the cover photo area. The cover photo can be dragged to reposition once it’s uploaded if it’s bigger than 850px by 315px.
Timeline for Pages Cover Photos may NOT contain the following:
- Contact information, such as web address, email, mailing address, etc., or other information intended for your Page’s About section.
- Price or purchase information, such as "40% off" or "Download it at our website".
- References to user interface elements, such as Like or Share, or any other Facebook site features or an arrow pointing from the cover photo to any of these features.
- Calls to action of any kind, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your friends” or “Like our Page”.
- Covers must not be false, deceptive or misleading, and must not infringe on third parties’ intellectual property. You may not encourage or incentivize people to upload your cover image to their personal timelines.
The reasons for these limitations on the Cover Photos have to do with Facebook’s new philosophy on overall user interface and advertising. Brand recognition is going to be something that we can continue to focus on, but outright advertising for services or encouraging the use of Facebook’s basic features for your brand’s gain is not going to be allowed